Revisiting the concept of creating and using Luminosity Masks in GIMP. This script-fu will generate a full set of Light, Dark, and Midtone masks as channels for your image (based on the work of Tony Kuyper originally).
GC Shadow V1.0 is an enhanced replacement for GIMP’s Drop Shadow procedure. It supports Drop Shadow, Glow, Inner Shadow & Inner Glow. Compatible with GIMP 2.6.x & GIMP 2.8.x. For Script-Fu coders, this procedure allows the passing of the Shadow Layer Name as an argument.
A tool for masking out single-colored backgrounds.
* The two-step operation allows easy manual corrections
* Masks background color and (optionally) drop shadows
* Four operation methods: Difference, Value, Hybrid (soft) and Hybrid (hard)
* All thresholds are soft
* Edge compression
* Color spill correction (semi-manual)
* Optional Pre-blur reduces mask noise and artifacts
* The "Ignore channel" feature eases removal of background with the color similar to the objects