This small script shows some information related to the current selected layer. This info includes:
- The layer's name
- The layer dimensions (in pixels)
- The layer offset respect the origin of the whole image (in pixels)
You can go to View->Layer info menu option to show the layer information window. The window stays on top, so the user can switch between the different layers of the image to inspect their values easily.
GIMP 2.8 Python Plug-in.
This plug-in scales the contents of the layer (or layer group) to image size.
1. Extract "scale-layer-to-image-size.py" from .zip archive to the ".../.gimp-2.x/plug-ins/" directory.
2. Make sure that the extracted file is executable.
3. If you are already running GIMP, close and reopen it.
This plugin will export the layers in your image as png files, using slightly modified functions from Chris Mohler's Export Layers as PNG plugin, then run Sprite Sheet Packer on them to generate a texture atlas and corresponding map (text file).
Important: Sprite Sheet Packer is needed for this, as well as my Miyagi skin exporter. I have attached it here, but you can also download these binaries from this link.
Thanks to 'RobA' who discussed this topic here recently, the Python plug-in 'autosave.py' attracted my attention. My work inspired by it is included below.
What I think is new here from the three existing one, that I know. It has a configuration section and the possibility to stop it, so you can restart with a new purpose (configuration) or not.