Posting this picture filter here specially because it's very rare and difficult to find picture filters made as plug-in for Gimp coded in Python - publishing this would be also for encouraging people on enrich Gimp with good filters (better than mine one, please! :-D )
The only problems of this filter is it seems to be somehow slow (even having a simple code), wich takes 20 seconds with a 320x200 picture - it's also missing undo and progress bar while running...
This is another script for converting a picture to black & white. The decompose plugin must to be available. The way of converting the picture is rather different than what other plugins do. Two different luminance layers are mixed according to a mask made with a saturation layer. Six different combinations are provided. Functions are available under the menu script-fu/Photography/BW Labs.
;Copyright (c) 2008 Anton Lopatin
; this script will create a .imageset definition file, each visible layer will be treated as a separate image and exported
; then the script will create a duplicate image, merge it down, and save with provided filename (and extension).
; copy to ~/.gimp /scripts/
; refresh scripts (Gimp->Extras->Script-Fu-> Refresh)
; make sure your image is of the size 2^n
; click Export -> CEGUI Imageset ( Found in the top image menu)
I noticed that the scanlines script-fu was not present anymore, so I cooked up a new one. This one is completely self-contained. Has a few enhancements to it, making it easier to work with. Thanks to Federico Mena Quintero for his work on the original "Erase Every Other Row" script-fu which served as part of my guide.
The script-fu will install in "<Image>/Script-Fu/Enhance".
As a simple experiment, I took the instructions in the tutorial on the GimpTalk forums and created a script-fu for making PS-style gradient maps. The steps to do it are pretty simple, but I added a few new options to it, such as flattening image and layer opacity.
Works quick and should also be simple enough to work in either 2.2 or 2.4 without any problems. I have built and tested this in 2.4.5. If it doesn't work in the older versions, let me know and I'll try to work out whatever bugs come up.
Oh, and the original tutorial this is based on can be found here: