I have recently completed some work with the G'MIC team that I thought might be worth a post here as a heads up.
I have many film emulation presets that I've been working on for a while, and wanted to share with the GIMP community at large. The problem was finding the best way to package up these presets for everyone to use.
I started talking with the G'MIC team about it, and finally settled on packaging up the presets in G'MIC.
So, here is a just a small sample of what some of the presets look like (lowest strength setting):
Update 20 Sept 13: Version 3.1 released
This plugin is aimed at artists using a tablet and consists primarily of two parts:
1. - A function to automatically draw perspective guide lines for up to 3 vanishing points over an existing canvas (including with vanishing points outside the edges of the canvas)
2. - a collection of cycle tools which can be bound to tablet side buttons:
- cycle erase mode (changes paint mode from erase to normal - tool/pointer doesn't change be careful)
- cycle dynamics (cycles dynamics from Dynamics Off to Pressure Opacity)
A set of morphological operators for GIMP:
- erosion and dilation
- opening and closing
- boundary extraction and gradient
- thickening and thinning
- white and black top-hat
The Rectangular Select Tool with Rounded corners option checked is very useful, but it could be so much more. The underlying GIMP function, gimp-image-select-round-rectangle written by Martin Nordholts provides much more functionality than what is exposed in the Rectangular Select Tool.
This script attempts to unleash gimp-image-select-round-rectangle's potential by raising the radius limit to 262144 pixels from 100 pixels and exposes the ability to specify different x and y radii.
GC Shadow V1.2 is an enhanced replacement for GIMP’s Drop Shadow procedure. It supports Solid Color & Gradient Drop Shadow, Glow, Inner Shadow & Inner Glow. Compatible with GIMP 2.6.x & GIMP 2.8.x. For Script-Fu coders, this procedure allows the passing of the Shadow Layer Name as an argument.
This plugin produces a complex three-part drop shadow from a selected layer. Ideal for light-on-light text (or anything else).
* Super-smooth shadow algorithm
* Three customizable shadow layers (umbra, penumbra and veil)
* Works with both alpha and masks, shadows are created as masks
* All layers (including the source) are put into a separate group, so no mess created