Hello, I'm not much familiar when it comes on editing pictures. I have a trouble in knowing and removing "red eye". Please help me about detect and remove it.
- Use the color picker (with some "sample average" radius) to sample the red, and set the foreground color with it. This should set the foreground color indicator in the Toolbox
- Add a layer below picture and fill with black
- Using the Freehand selection, do a selection around each pupil (no need to be too accurate)
- Start "Colors/Color to alpha", click the wide color button, and in the color selector, hit the color picker button and pick the foreground color indicator in the tool box (which should have been set to the eye
"red" during the fist step)
- This makes the red transparent and shows the black layer below.
Unless otherwise noted, the rights for the individual plugins are with their respective authors. Logo image by Jakub Steiner.