This tool attempts to improve on the "Text along path" button in Gimp's Text tool. The improvements are:
- Character shapes are not distorted: while Gimp's tool works by remapping the text path control points using the guide path, this script rotates and moves each character path without distortion.
- Text can left-justified, right-justified, centered, or filled on the path.
- The vertical position with respect to the guide path can be specified
- The path of individual characters can be obtained
- Some more frivolous options may appeal to the artist or the ransom note writer.
Download is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-path-tools/files/scripts/
User's guide is here: http://gimp-path-tools.sourceforge.net/tools.shtml