Another thin arrow GIMP Python plug-in called 'ArrowsCreator'.
It's characteristics are:
-produces many different types of straight arrows
-produces one type of 'path' arrow
-facilitates combination of multiple arrows
-interactive with GIMP
-developed on GIMP 2.6 (work on 2.8 except no repeat gradient in shaft and GIMP don't control brush size).
ATTENTION: don't change layer during execution of the plug-in, usually causes a crash but 'Ctrl+z' seems OK up to a point. Also on my computer begin to get sluggish for certain type of arrow in image greater than 7 Mpx.
The basic arrow types (0-5) in version 0.1, a blue 'multi-segmented' arrow and the initial window are illustrated below
After an extraction of the zip archive in the '.../.gimp-2.x/plug-ins' directory it should appears in GIMP under the menu: "(Image)/Extensions/Plugins-Python/Tools/Arrows creator..." or your choice at first start of GIMP .
[Edit 2013/04/11] version 0.2 compatible with GIMP-2.8
[Edit 2013/04/12] Applied the info given by Saulgoode to the last edit. Try to simplify the instructions in 'ArrowsCreator_Internationalization.' which is now in sub-folder 'ArrowsCreator-0.2' .
[2013/04/20] The first two items has a relation to comments made at 'GIMP Chat'
- Revise instructions at the windows top. I was counting to much on the interactivity.
- Introduce a configuration file for menu path. Working on that lately,
since I believe every one (me included) should choose where to put a plug-in.
Here it is restricted to the image menubar. Sorry this don't work in Windows, in that case download the appropriate one.
- More differences between arrow type 0 and type 1, by changing type 0.
- Some tweaks
[Edit 2013/04/22] Found the bug in 'Choosing menu path' for Windows.
- Corrected a situation that seems to affect the mid-term stability of the plug-in. It was the time interval for each arrow type.
- Added a new straight arrow type: 'Notched arrow'.
- Small adaptations for GIMP-2.8. (Sorry did not test on GIMP-2.6)