This script helps you making a HDR image by three different exposures.
This script blends three different exposures of the same scene, it combines them to get the best parts of the images.
This procedure works best if you:
- have shot three different exposures that would be pleasing to combine,
- had the camera mounted on a tripod (not strictly necessary, but helps greatly in aligning the images),
- have the scenes are not too different at the boundaries of the blend. If the scene has changed too much (trees blowing, waves, people or cars moving, etc. between the images), especially at or near the "seams" of the blend, it will make the blend not too perfect.
Using the script (on Linux):
Unzip and copy the file feca_hdr.py into your home/.gimp2.6/plug-ins folder. Set the file to executable.
From command line:
- unzip feca_hdr.py.zip
- cp feca_hdr.py ~/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins/
Set the file to executable.
- chmod +x ~/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins/feca_hdr.py
HDR: Camera's default: -1EV: +1EV: