A plugin that makes shortcuts, in a Shortcuts menu, to other plugins.
Install it in your local plugin directory. You can run it to see what it would do, and cancel it, without creating any shortcuts. If you do create shortcuts, it will create them in your local plugin directory. You can later manually delete the shortcut plugins.
This is a prototype that I'm posting for comment. It works but it could be improved. I would be glad to start a community project.
A future version might:
- let you enter parameters for the target plugin (make a "preset")
- let you enter some of the parameters of the target at shortcut time
- let you put the shortcut anywhere in the GIMP menus
- be more user-friendly e.g. replacing existing shortcuts
- disallow creating certain shortcuts that won't work (e.g. whose options don't default sensibly.)
- let you create a keyboard shortcut to the shortcut at the same time
Even more in the future: let you script a sequence of calls to other plugins and even GIMP menu items. Known as a visual script editor or a macro editor. Would not require knowledge of a programming language.