This is a Python plug-in, written initially in Spanish by Mr Javier Pacheco, which from an image creates a standard complete month calendar. It has been translated in English and modified by me to try for more flexibility in the design of a standard calendar. Seven layers (plus an optional one) are added to the image to control the three main elements mostly below it on the page : background, calendar box and month-year info.
The options in the dialog are:
° Separation between the image and the calendar box
° Width of the calendar box relative to the image
° Height of the calendar box, relative to the box width
° Toggle between Sunday and Monday as first weekday
° Construct your weekday tags header
° Color for week days background & grid lines
° Select a font for weekdays
° Select a color for weekdays
° Select color for Sunday
° Select font for date
° Relative size of the font in calendar box
° Select color for date
° Month desired
° Which year?
° Language for name of the month
° Font for month & year text
° Add space, on the page, for month & year; if not select 'Don't'
° Target: printing on a common paper size (print later)
This program uses the 'Error Console' of gimp to leave some messages to the user, more numerous if a paper size have been chosen. It's used always a five (5) weeks grid for the date, by using two days per cell if necessary. The launcher for this plug-in appears in the menu "/Plugins-Python/Filters/Calendar with image". There still something missing before printing, best to do it yourself : resizing the image , sharpening(?) or/and adjusting printing resolution. Etc...
EDIT on Jan. 4 2010 version 0.1 ;
Update on Jul. 18 2010 version 0.2 : there is now another option that appears during the execution of the plug-in. It is the possibility of help in adding short personal (or not) comment to the user specified dates. The 'example_cale10_10v2.jpg' file give a specimen of the result with a diagram of the steps. The other files is the plug-in and a language translation file. There is also some small tweaks to the rest from the previous version.
EDIT on Aug. 3 2010 : there is now a slightly better English plug-in and a French translation of it.
For the option 'date comments' of version 0.2 , the assumptions for the user are :
* It appears only if the place is available for them in a date cell;
* The comment can be two lines at the most, first line at the top of the date and the other at bottom; all days are supposed to be one date per cell (let the plug-in take care of it if it's not the case);
* There is the possibility to repeat automatically a comment at whole week interval after the initial date, a date is skipped in the repeating list if it is already taken by another comment;
* If you need more space in the cell one possibility is to decrease the size of the date font, beside using a larger calendar in the beginning dialog, this plug-in won't do it automatically;
* After an undo you won't restart at zero because the restarting values will be the same, even for the comments.