File->Export Layers->as PNG
Prompts for a folder to save PNG files. Pretty straightforward. *Requires* python!
Should work with 2.4.x through 2.8.x. Will NOT work with some 2.7.x versions and the 2.8 RC1! 2.7 users should move on to current git and 2.8 RC users should upgrade to current 2.8.
- toggle to flatten (remove transparency).
- toggle to save only visible layers
- now saves as filename + layername and special characters are removed
- toggle to remove layer offsets
- toggle to zealous crop each PNG before saving
- handle layer groups (introduced in GIMP 2.8)
NOTE: the registry added a .txt extension - you need to rename to file to just 'export_layers-0.6.py' and make executable if you're on linux.