You are here

Does gimp have a GRAB hand function like photoshop?

I'm new to Gimp, but I think it's very cool so far. Does it have a grab function like Photoshop? Am I missing a plugin?


What does this grab function do?

I am just swapping over from Photoshop and wondered the same thing - where is the grab hand tool? In photoshop it is used to move a photo / drawing / text around within a layer to reposition it. How is this done in GIMP?

Hold space bar and move your mouse around. It works regardless of the tool you currently have selected. This same technique also works in Photoshop. -Eric

I have very old family photos I wish to colorize, I would also like to understand layering. thank you.

Cool - will go and try this - it sounds so simple! Many thanks
Subscribe to Comments for "Does gimp have a GRAB hand function like photoshop?"